2018 Fellows in Leadership
The 2018 cohort met in Denver for orientation July 15 - 19. Attending left to right: Richard Byyny, MD, FACP; Alan Robinson, MD; Eve Higginbotham, SM, MD; Wiley "Chip" Souba, MD, ScD, MBA; Jennifer Hagen, MD; Kathi Becker; Kashal Shah, MD; Diane Magrane, MD; John Tooker, MD, MBA, MACP; Joseph Weistroffer, MD; and Dee Martinez.
Members of the 2018 cohort:
Jennifer Hagen, MD—Senior Associate Dean for Faculty Development and Professor of Internal Medicine at the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine
Kaushal Shah, MD—Associate Professor and Residency Director of Emergency Medicine at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Joseph Weistroffer, MD—Assistant Professor and Residency Program Director of Orthopaedic Surgery at Western Michigan University School of Medicine
Each Fellow will receive a $25,000 award to be used for a project that will further develop their leadership skills.
This is the fifth cohort of AΩA Fellows,. Following their fellowship year, the 2018 AΩA Fellows will be joining their 12 colleagues in the AΩA Fellows in Leadership Community of Practice.
The AΩA Fellow in Leadership recognizes and supports mid-career physicians to develop them as outstanding leaders exemplifying professional values, qualities of leading from within, and servant leadership. The five essential components of the AΩA Fellow in Leadership are:
1) Self-examination, the "inward journey," leading from within;
2) A structured curriculum focused on topics related to leadership, including an understanding of the relationship between leadership and management;
3) Learning from, and developing as mentors
4) Experiential learning to broaden the perspective and understanding of leadership as it relates to medicine and health care;
5) Team-based learning and developing communities of practice.
Medical Professionalism Best Practices: Professionalism in the Modern Era (2017)
Richard L. Byyny, MD, FACP
Douglas S. Paauw, MD, MACP
Maxine Papadakis, MD
Sheryl Pfeil, MD
Please email email@example.com for paper copies